Ballyknocken Lemon Slices
A Taste of Ireland: Ballyknocken Cookery School
Servings: 16 Servings
For the slices:
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a brownie baking tin with parchment.
- Place the butter, superfine sugar, eggs, and self-rising flour into a mixer and whisk until smooth. Spread evenly into the baking tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown in color and well risen.
For the glaze/assembly:
- ½ cup caster sugar
- juice of 3 lemons and zest of 1
- To prepare the glaze, just before the cake is ready to be removed from the oven, mix the ingredients together in the bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Once the cake is out the oven, spoon the glaze over the top, leave to cool.
- Remove from the tin and cut into squares.