Beef & Guinness Stew with Champ
A Taste of Ireland: Guinness Storehouse
Servings: 4 Servings
Author: Executive Chef Justin O’Connor
- ¾ cup Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
- 1 lb. stewing diced beef
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 large carrot – diced
- 1 large celery – diced
- 1 large parsnip – diced
- 4 ¼ cups thick beef stock
- sprigs of fresh thyme & rosemary
- Champ potato (mashed potato infused with spring onion)
- Stir fry the beef, add the vegetables, and cook until tender, then pour in the Guinness and reduce by half.
- Add the beef stock and herbs and simmer very slowly for between an hour and an hour and a half.
- Serve with the champ potato and honey roast carrot and parsnip.
(This stew is always better made one day in advance!)