Beet and Orange Salad
Catherine’s Farmhouse Kitchen
Author: Chef Catherine Fulvio
For the salad,
• 4 steamed beetroots, peeled and sliced
• 3 oranges, sliced
• 1 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
• 10 cheddar cheese slices
• chive lengths, to garnish
For the dressing,
• 2 tbsp vinegar
• ¼ cup orange juice
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 ½ tsp honey
• 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients and whisk well.
2. Check the seasoning adding more salt, pepper or a little sugar.
3. Use a cutter to make circles in the cheese slices. The leftover cheese can be used in gratins and grilled cheeses.
4. Arrange the slices of beetroot, orange, spinach, and cheese on a platter.
5. Spoon over a little dressing and garnish with chive lengths.
6. Serve the rest of the dressing separately.