A Taste of Scandinavia
Servings: 8 Servings
Author: Chef Christian Kneedler
- 1 lb beets (you can buy them canned or boil fresh ones)
- 1 small red onion or ½ large red onion
- 2 medium-sized apples (preferably sour apples)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or you can mix ¼ cup mayonnaise with ¼ cup crème fraîche)
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh horseradish
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Dice the beets, peel and finely chop the red onion, and peel, core, and dice the apples.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a bowl. You’ll know that it’s thoroughly mixed once the color of the mixture turns fuchsia.
- Serve as a side dish. It goes really well with Swedish meatballs!