Edward’s Famous Chocolate Mousse
French Country Cooking with Edward Delling-Williams
Author: Chef Edward Delling-Williams
Chef’s Note: I love this recipe! It’s so easy and simple and a great one to make with the kids! Don’t forget the salt! It really elevates the dish.
- 10 egg whites
- 7 oz chocolate
- pinch of Maldon or kosher salt
- ½ lemon, juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, stirring until melted.
- As the chocolate is melting, whip egg whites until foamy, then start adding sugar and lemon juice gradually while whisking until stiff peaks form and the mixture is glossy.
- Once the soft peaks are there, slowly and carefully pour in the melted chocolate and add a very good pinch of salt, let that mix for a maximum of 30 seconds just so the chocolate is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a clean cool bowl and into the fridge until set. Its best to leave it overnight but you can check it out in a couple of hours.