Full Irish Breakfast
A Taste of Ireland: Ballyknocken Cookery School
Servings: 4 Servings
Author: Chef Catherine Fulvio
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 8 slices of black pudding
- 8 Irish style breakfast sausages
- 4 slices Irish style back bacon
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 large mushrooms, wiped clean
- 4 free-range eggs
- rapeseed (or canola) oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- rosemary sprigs and chopped parsley, to garnish
- toast, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush an ovenproof shallow casserole or roasting skillet with oil.
- Place the potato wedges, into the tray, drizzle over a little oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sausages, cook for a further 10 minutes, turning the sausages over once or twice.
- Add the bacon and cherry tomatoes to the tray, drizzle over a little more oil as needed.
- Cook until the potatoes wedges are crisp, and tomatoes roasted.
- To cook the eggs, make 4 gaps in the tray and carefully break an egg into each. Return to the oven and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle over the rosemary sprigs and chopped parsley, season as required and serve immediately with toast.