Herby Potato Champ
A Taste of Ireland: Ballyknocken Cookery School
Servings: 6 Servings
Author: Chef Catherine Fulvio
- 1.75 lb good mashing potatoes (such as Yukon Gold) peeled and diced
- ½ stick butter
- 1 cup cream (or half milk, half cream)
- 5 scallion stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the potatoes until cooked.
- Heat the cream and butter in a saucepan until warm. Then add the spring onions, herbs, salt, and pepper. Using a ricer, mash the potatoes and add the warm cream mix.
- Check for seasoning again and serve.