Lemon-Chive Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Bruschetta
A Taste of Ireland: Ballyknocken Cookery School
Servings: 12 Servings
Author: Chef Catherine Fulvio
For the bruschetta:
- 12 artisan bread slices (ciabatta, sourdough, etc.) brushed with olive oil and toasted on both sides
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- generous handful of arugula
- Cut the garlic in half and rub the toasted bruschetta with the cut side. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
For the topping/assembly:
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- ½ lb organic smoked salmon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby Nasturtium leaves, to garnish
- slices of radish, to garnish
- Borage flowers, to garnish
- To prepare the topping, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and zest, chives, and dill in a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To assemble, place the bruschetta onto a platter, spoon over flavored cream cheese, then place some arugula on top, finishing with the smoked salmon.
- To garnish, arrange Baby Nasturtium leaves, radish slices and Borage flowers on top.