Lemon Prawn Gratin
Catherine’s Farmhouse Kitchen
Author: Chef Catherine Fulvio
• 3 ½ oz finely diced smoked bacon (about 7 strips)
• 3 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
• 20 king prawns, peeled, de-veined and rinsed
• 4 ½ tbsp butter, softened
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 lemon, juice
• 2 to 3 drops (or to taste) Tabasco
• ¾ cup breadcrumbs
• ¾ cup grated parmesan
• sprigs of dill, to garnish
• lemon slices, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the diced smoked bacon into a hot frying pan and pan fry until crispy. Set aside.
3. Combine the butter, garlic, chili, parsley, lemon juice and Tabasco. Season with salt.
4. Divide the spinach leaves between 4 individual gratin dishes and spoon over the crispy bacon.
5. Divide the prawns between the gratin dishes and spread the flavoured butter over them.
6. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together and sprinkle over the prawns.
7. Bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes until the prawns are cooked (they turn pink and the breadcrumbs are golden).
8. Garnish with dill and serve with lemon slices.