A Taste of Scandinavia
Servings: 2 Servings
Author: Chef Christian Kneedler
- ½ lb peeled and deveined tail-off raw North Atlantic shrimp
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ shallot
- ½ lemon (plus one slice for garnish)
- ¼ cup whitefish roe caviar
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (plus more for garnish)
- 1 slice of white bread
- Toast the slice of white bread.
- While it’s toasting, finely chop half a shallot and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl with the shrimp, crème fraiche, mayonnaise, and roe.
- Squeeze in the juice from the lemon half, being careful not to let any seeds fall in, and mix everything together.
- Sprinkle in the pepper and mix.
- Finely chop the dill and mix thoroughly.
- Slice the edges off the toast and scoop the skägen on top. Garnish with a lemon wedge, a small piece of dill, and serve.