Crostini Con Burro E Alici
Salty anchovies and rich, subtly sweet butter pair brilliantly together. Transform this savory combo into a delectable snack by spreading a thick layer of butter over toast to serve alongside a glass of sparkling wine or a cocktail. We like to use a crusty local sourdough, pane di Lariano, but you can use any rustic loaf.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 slices sourdough bread toasted
- 3 salted anchovies cleaned, filleted, and halved lengthwise and crosswise
- Spread a layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread
- Top each with two pieces of salted anchovy.